312-316 South Driver, 1945 312-316 South Driver was built in the 1920s. By the early 1930s, it housed Ferguson Grocery at 312, DW Brown Dry Cleaners at 314, and the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company (A&P) at 316. (314 had a wing that extended from the rear of the building to the south, fronting on Angier Avenue - 2021 Angier.) By the mid-1940s, 312 had become the East Durham Beauty Shop. It was closed by 1950.