Skip to main content
User account menu
Open mobile menu
People & Places
504 Gray Avenue
According to Durham County tax records, this house was built in 1934.
615 Grant St.
Though county property records date the house at 615 Grant to 1920, the structure resembles those appearing on Sanborn Maps at this location back to 1913. Land here at the eastern edge of Hayti was purchased by William T. and Janie Sears Trice from Vickers heirs as early as 1894. Members of their family would remain here for decades after William...
Jean And Bennie L. Daniel House
One-story front gable Period Cottage with 9-over-1 and 8-over-8 sash windows, 2 front picture windows, vinyl siding, and an exterior chimney. Bennie L. Daniel, agent at Home Insurance Agency, was the occupant in 1930.
205 Duane St.
04.17.14 The exact age of this house is hard to establish. It appears to be one of several small homes shown on a 1933 plat of property belonging to Minnie Tate along Duane Street - a short track reaching south of East Pettigrew and the railroad, just west of the Ellis Road crossing. The small cottage at 205 Duane Street is likely the structure...
1608 Lincoln Street – Asa T. Spaulding House
This one-and-a-half story, side-gabled Period Cottage is located on a large lot on the northwest corner of Lincoln and Dupree Streets. It is three bays wide and triple-pile with full-width, shed-roofed dormers across the façade and rear elevation. The earliest known occupant is Asa T. Spaulding (actuary, N C Mutual Life Insurance Company) in 1940; county tax records date the building to 1936 and the building appears on the 1937 Sanborn map.
319 E. Trinity Ave.
Large bungalow with wraparound porch; home of Frank D. Upchurch in the 1920s. Demolished.
1213 N. Mangum St.
1981 (Old North Durham Architecture Slides, Durham County Library) (From the overflowing-with-information National Register Nomination:) Small weatherboarded house. Interesting steeped brick chimney. Front and side gables with return. Wrought iron front porch posts. One story . 08.17.13
1312 Glendale Ave.
1981 (Old North Durham Architecture Slides, Durham County Library) One story brick duplex painted white. Interior walls have been removed to make single family dwelling. Backyard contains two one-room wooden frame playhouses.
1311 Glendale Ave.
1981 (Old North Durham Architecture Slides, Durham County Library)
1703 Angier Ave.
Ella Marcom House. Pyramidal cottage with shallow front and side gabled wings and a full front porch with replacement posts and railings. Other original features are German siding and 2-over-2 sash windows. 1930-1940 CDs: Ella Marcom, widow of George, occupant.