Victor Bryant Jr. House, 1981.
Between 1925 and 1930, his son, Victor Bryant, Jr., an attorney constructed a Colonial Revival house designed by Northrup and O'Brien on Vickers Ave.
Northrup and O'Brien plans, drawn in 1924. More detail at NCSU library.
His father, Victor Bryant, a prominent lawyer in Durham and one-time city attorney, had a large house constructed by well-known Durham contractor Norman Underwood between 1911 and 1915 on Morehead Avenue. Their property originally took up the entire block and included servants quarters and stables at the rear of the property.
Both houses were converted to joint institutional use in the 1970s - first as Structure House, a diet center, and most recently as Learning Services, a rehab facility for individuals with brain injuries.
Victor Bryant, Jr. house, looking northwest from Vickers Ave., 01.01.08