Skip to main content
User account menu
Open mobile menu
People & Places
821 Wilkerson Ave
This one-story, hip-roofed house is three-bays wide and triple pile with projecting gabled bays on the façade. The earliest known occupant is G. H. O’Neal (inspector, American Tobacco Company) in 1919.
716 Wilkerson Ave.
1968 (Courtesy Louise Hall Collection)
502 Gattis St.
This one-story, hip-roofed Craftsman bungalow, three-bays wide and triple pile with a projecting gabled ell on the right rear of the house, was built between 1919-1923. In 1923, Noah P. Kemp was resident.
837 Wilkerson Ave
This two-story, triple-A-roofed house is three-bays wide and single pile with a one-story gabled rear ell on the right side. The earliest known occupants of the house are Miss Ada R. Smith, Ernest R. Smith (clerk), and John E. Smith (carpenter) in 1905.
835 Wilkerson Ave
This one-story duplex of modern construction is four bays wide and four-pile.
833 Wilkerson Ave
This community garden is located on a relatively flat parcel of land. The lot is currently owned by the North Carolina Community Land Trustees, Inc., who purchased it from Duke University in 1993.
832 Wilkerson Ave
This one-story house has a high, hipped roof with a projecting gable on the left front and a gabled rear ell on the left side. The house appears on the 1913 Sanborn map; the earliest known occupant is C. W. King (engineer) in 1919.
831 Wilkerson Ave
This one-and-a-half story, side-gabled Minimal Traditional brick house is three-bays wide and double pile. Online tax records date the house to 1953.
830 Wilkerson Ave
This one-story, side-gabled house is three-bays wide and single pile with two gabled rear ells and a shed-roofed addition behind the right-side ell. The earliest known occupants are Jesse Kennedy (machinist) and Charles T. Fitzgerald (brick manufacturer) in 1905.
829 Wilkerson Ave
This one-story hip-roofed bungalow is three-bays wide and triple pile. The earliest known occupant of the house is Thomas L. Ward (City Transfer Company) in 1925.