Concord Street

History Beneath our Feet notes:

Concord Street is shown as "Swift Avenue" on a 1921 plat of "Merricksville," west of the North Carolina College campus. The name was changed to "Concord" by 1925.

County tax records list numerous areas in southeastern Durham as "Merricksville Property," as well as owned by the Merrick-Moore-Spaulding Co., a real-estate firm formed by three principals in the N.C. Mutual Insurance Co.: John Merrick, Aaron Moore and C.C. Spaulding

1504Concord.jpg
Added: Mon, 04/23/2012 - 2:57pm
1500Concord.jpg
Added: Mon, 04/23/2012 - 2:47pm
/sites/default/files/images/2008_12/hillside_1950s.jpg
Added: Tue, 12/09/2008 - 5:04am
By: gary