3007 Surrey Road, ca. 1931, Contributing Building Two-story side-gabled house with brick exterior at main body, 8/8 sash, full-width inset front porches with vertical sheathing at first and second stories, board-and-batten siding at gable ends, single-leaf paneled front door, brick interior chimney and brick end chimney at west side, enclosed side porch at east side and low pierced-brick wall surrounding patio in front of enclosed porch. City records date the house to 1931. A deed shows that John and Elizabeth Lanning bought the house in 1936 from the Storm King Corporation; the previous owner has not been identified. John T. Lanning was an assistant professor at Duke University. Garage 3007 Surrey Road, ca. 1931, Contributing Building One-story, front-gabled frame garage with vertical wood siding and open entry.