Grover Vance and Addie (Upchurch) Massey lived at 1202 N. Gregson from 1929 until Addie's death in 1934. Mr. Massey then shared his home with architect George Hackney until it was purchased in 1935 by sisters Margaret Hall and Bessie (Hall) Marshall. The Hall sisters lived here with their mother Lena until their deaths - Lena in 1948, Margaret in 1975, and Bessie in 1977. The Hall sisters and their mother are buried next to the Masseys in Maplewood Cemetery. The house was purchased from Mrs. Marshall's estate by Mary Helen Green, who lived here until 1996.