Eddie and Mary Cameron House
2818 Chelsea Circle, 1962, Noncontributing Building
Robert W. Carr, architect
One-story hipped-roof Neoclassical Revival house with scored stucco exterior; other features are a pedimented portico, 6/6 sash, interior brick chimneys, and pedimented stoops at full-height basement levels of south side and rear elevations. Eddie and Mary Cameron lived at the Erwin House at 2822 Chelsea Circle until they built this house in 1962. Edmund M. Cameron came to Duke as a football coach, was the head basketball coach from 1929 through 1942, and was Director of Physical Education and Athletics at Duke University from 1946 through his retirement in 1972. Cameron Indoor Stadium, the basketball stadium on campus, is named for him. Robert W. Carr reports that he was the architect.
2818 Chelsea Circle, ca. 1962, Noncontributing Building
Hexagonal one-story building with stucco exterior and polygonal roof.