3724 Hope Valley Road, 1927, Contributing Building
One-and-a-half-story weatherboard Colonial Revival house with front-gable roof and two side-gabled wings; small pedimented entry porch with slender paired columns; 6/6 sash. An advertisement in the Durham Morning Herald on November 27, 1927, noted that the house, built for mercantile broker John C. Crouch, was nearing completion. Deeds and city directories show that John and Nelle Crouch lived here until the early 1930s, until William and Lillian Bolich purchased the house at auction in 1933 for $7,100. William Bolich was a professor at Duke.