(Below in italics is from the 2009 National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This one-story, three-bay, double-pile simplified Queen Anne-style house is nearly identical in form to its neighbor at 516 Ottawa Avenue. The house features a brick foundation, vinyl siding and soffits, and a pyramidal roof with a gabled wall dormer with partial gable returns centered on each side elevation and an interior stuccoed corbelled brick chimney. A projecting bay on the right (west) side of the façade has a gabled roof with vinyl-covered gable returns and a rectangular vent. A hip-roofed porch extends across the front elevation supported by aluminum- covered tapered square columns with a vinyl-covered span and modern replacement rail. Windows are one-over-one replacements and a replacement front door stands beneath its original divided-light transom, but sidelights have been removed. A gabled rear ell extends from the right (west) side of the house. A modern concrete retaining wall and brick stair on the right side and a modern wood stair on the left provide access to the porch. The house does not appear on the 1913 Sanborn map, but is listed in the 1919 city directory as occupied by B. O. Vaughn, a salesman for the W. T. Slater Company in downtown Durham. In 1924, C. T. Zuckerman was listed as occupant.