This one-story, triple-A-roofed house is three-bays wide and single pile with a gabled rear ell on the right side. Two shed-roofed additions sit to the left of the ell. The house has a hiproofed front porch with a standing-seam metal roof supported by tapered wood posts on brick piers. Two-thirds of the porch has been enclosed and a new entrance added to that enclosure; however, the original form is still evident. Original wood weatherboards remain and the house has boxed eaves and round vents in the gable ends. Windows are one-over-one replacements.
(From the Burch Avenue National Register nomination, 2010.)
The land was purchased by William Speed from Julian Carr in 1896; the house was likely built then or soon thereafter. W. Speed died in 1919, and his wife continued to live in the house after that point.