405 Oakwood Avenue, 1980
This one-story, hip-roofed Craftsman bungalow is three bays wide and quadruple-pile. The house has a projecting front gable porch supported by brick columns with decorative granite diamonds supporting a pointed-arched span. Brick kneewalls line the concrete stairs, brick piers define the entrance to the porch, and a brick baluster runs between the brick columns, piers, and the house. The brick kneewalls, piers, columns, and rails all have granite caps. The front gable has a single- light rectangular window that may have replaced an earlier vent. The front door is a modern replacement and the house has four-over-one Craftsman-style windows throughout, with the exception of two replacement windows to the right of the front door. The house has a brick foundation, aluminum siding, an asphalt-shingled roof and three brick chimneys. The house sits on a rise above the street and has a stone retaining wall along the street and stone steps to the porch. Tax records indicate a 1924 construction date. Ralph P. Rogers, listed at the house from 1929 to 1934, was the vice-president of the Carrington-Rogers Drug Company, later the Rogers Drug Company.