This one-story, side-gabled Period Cottage is three bays wide and double-pile with a gabled ell at the left rear (northwest). The house has aluminum siding, vinyl windows, and an interior brick chimney. The fenestration of the façade has been altered with an off-center replacement door sheltered by a wide gable that projects slightly from the façade, supported by knee brackets. To its right (east) is a fixed picture window, smaller than the original opening, and there are paired windows to its left (west). A modern wood deck is located at the right rear (northeast). The house appears on the 1937 Sanborn map and the earliest known occupants are Roosevelt Weaver, a tobacco worker, and his wife, Helen Weaver, in 1940.
The Weavers lived in the house in 1940; but purchased it, on January 6, 1949, from Investment Corporation of Durham, Inc. The Weaver family and descendants lived in the house for many years. On August 26, 1998, Orenn L. Greene and Serita Greene purchased the house. On the same date, Oreen L. Greene transferred the title to the house to Serita Greene. Ms. Greene remains the occupant of the house.