(Below in italics is from the 2010 National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This two-story, side-gabled four-plex is three-bays wide and four pile with a full-width, two- story rear ell. A one-story, hip-roofed entrance bay is centered on the façade and is decorated by round, divided-light wood windows flanking a replacement door. Steps are concrete with a wood railing. The building is covered with brick veneer and has one-over-one replacement windows with brick sills and lintels. Windows in the gable ends are paired and there is an entrance to the building on each side with a metal awning and brick stairs. It is nearly identical in form to the four-plex at 1406 Chapel Hill Street and was likely constructed by the same person. The building does not appear in the 1940 city directory and its architecture and materials are consistent with buildings constructed in the 1940s.
Add new commentLog in or register to post comments.