Located on a slight rise, this one-story Ranch has a low-pitched, hipped roof with deep eaves, resulting in a distinct horizontal form. The main section of the house is three bays wide and there are projecting hip-roofed wings on the right (northwest) end of the façade and on the left (southeast) elevation, extending the width of the house. Distinctive windows on the façade and the front of the hip-roofed wings feature high, fixed picture windows flanked by two wood casement windows on each side. Paired one-light doors are located near the center of the main section and to their right is a group of three, large, fixed one-light windows. The bay to the left of the entrance has a stone veneer and there is an interior brick chimney. County tax records date the house to 1954 and the earliest known occupants are Dr. Albert L. Turner, Dean of the Law School at North Carolina College (later North Carolina Central University), and his wife, Dessa A. Turner, an employee at North Carolina College (later North Carolina Central University), in 1955. Dr. Turner was the first African American dean at the NCCU Law School.
According to deed records, C.C. Edward and his wife, Annie Edwards, sold the lot to Dessa A. Turner on February 18, 1948. On May 20, 1960, Mrs. Turner conveyed the ownership of the property to herself and Dr. Turner. On June 25, 1965, Albert L. Turner sold the house to Ada V. Fisher and Miles Mark Fisher. The Fishers sold the property to Leonard H. Robinson and his wife, Winnie T. Robinson on June 14, 1967. Mrs. Robinson gave power of attorney to her son, Leonard H. Robinson Jr. and Terry Bass as attorney-in-fact to handle her affairs until her death.
On December 18, 2007, Federal Home Loan Mortgage sold the property to Marco Harris II. Mr. Harris remains the owner of the property and it is used as rental property.