Dr. Henry K. Miller House, ca 1928
2822 Chelsea Circle
Charles Barton Keen - architect
Dr. Henry K. Miller engaged Philadelphia society architect Charles Barton Keen to design a home for him in Durham's new Hope Valley development. Dr. Miller a faculty member at the new Duke University did not live here long, if at all. The house appeared in a New Years Day advertisement for Hope Valley and indicated that Dr. Miller would be moving in during 1928, but prior to 1930 the house was rented by Jesse Harper Erwin and his wife Mary.
Tragically the house burned to the ground at some point in 1929 and the Erwins built the Erwin - Cameron House on the site in 1930
The original driveway marker pillars survive..