Constable-Reid House "Frog Hollow"
3934 Dover Road, ca. 1930, ca. 1985, Noncontributing Building
Two-and-a-half-story side-gabled Colonial Revival house with gabled dormer windows, bracketed open entry gable centered on pent roof that shelters first story; aluminum siding and replacement windows and door appear to have been added ca. 1985. Neighborhood oral history identifies this as the Constable House. Palmer and Chrysteen Constable moved to Hope Valley between 1930 and 1931 according to city directories. Palmer N. Constable was the secretary of the Hope Valley Country Club in 1928. In 1940, the Constables sold this house to Richard and Mary Reid, who remained here through at least the end of the period of significance. Richard Reid was a supervisor at Liggett and Myers Tobacco Company.
Neighborhood historians recall this house being called Frog Hollow because the front yard would often become filled with water and attract scores of noisy frogs that could be heard throughout the area.
3934 Dover Road, ca. 1990, Noncontributing Building
One-and-a-half-story three-car garage with gabled dormers and aluminum siding.