(Below in italics is from the 1984 National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
In 1909, Dr. Archibald Currie Jordan moved into Durham from his family homeplace at Rougemont to begin a long association with the new Watts Hospital. Dr. Jordan was president of the Durham-Orange Medical Society in 1909, and in that capacity, he made the acceptance speech of thanks to George Watts when Watts gave the new Watts Hospital to the City of Durham. Dr. Jordan purchased this Neoclassical Revival house from a Mr. Booth, who had had the house constructed a few years earlier. A colossal two story portico with a pedimented gambrel roof and molded entablature and cornice supported by Corinthian columns dominates the main facade of the two story hipped roof house. A more delicate Victorian quality survives in the small polygonal rear porch (partially enclosed in later years) with turned posts, spandrels and frieze. The house has a German siding exterior.