This symmetrical one-story hip-roofed house appears to retain all of its original exterior features. Decorative boards in alternating notched and sawtooth patterns adorn the large attic gables above the front and side elevations. Sawtoothing runs at the base of the entablature, between the intricate sawn foliate spandrels at the simple, turned porch posts. The wide entrance contains double doors and transom, and four-over-four double-hung sashes fill the tall windows all around. The house is two rooms deep in a center-hall plan with two interior chimneys and a series of rear ells and sheds. The earliest known occupant of the house was grocer W. H. Hicks who lived here from around 1910 until the late 1920s.