This one-story, gable-front-and-wing bungalow is two bays wide and double-pile with a gabled rear ell at the northeast corner and a shed-roofed addition beyond the ell. The house has a brick foundation, vinyl siding, and an interior brick chimney. It has a replacement front door and vinyl windows throughout, but retains purlins in the gable ends and a square vent in the front gable. The engaged front porch is supported by decorative metal posts on brick piers with a metal railing running between them; it is accessed by a brick stair with brick knee walls and a metal railing. A shed-roofed sunroom with louvered windows has been added to the right end of the façade, within the L of the gable-front-and-wing roof. There are aluminum awnings around the porch and sunroom and over windows on the west elevation. A flat roofed corrugated metal carport with v-pipe supports is attached to the west elevation. A concrete retaining wall, with concrete stair extends along the street. The earliest known occupant is J. Otis Peacock (tobacco worker) in 1940.
Add new commentLog in or register to post comments.