This one-story, side-gabled Minimal Traditional house is three bays wide and triple-pile with a flush gable on the right end of the façade. The building has a continuous brick foundation and veneer and a large exterior chimney on the façade. The front door has three lights and is accessed by a brick stoop and stair with a terra cotta-tiled floor. A projecting, side-gabled bay on the west elevation features an inset porch at the front and an enclosed room at the rear; the porch is supported by decorative metal posts with a terra cotta floor. A third entrance with a brick stoop is located on the east elevation. The building retains wood trim and louvered wood vents in the gables. County tax records date the house to 1956; the earliest known occupant is James E. Jones in 1960.
Add new commentLog in or register to post comments.