This one-and-a-half-story, side-gabled bungalow is three bays wide and triple-pile with a full-width rear gable with a shed-roofed rear ell beyond it. There is a projecting, side-gabled bay on the right end of the façade and large, gabled dormers on the façade, and side elevations. The house has a painted brick foundation, vinyl siding, an interior brick chimney, and an exterior brick chimney on the west elevation. The house retains nine-over-one windows, paired on the façade, and knee braces in the gables. The front door is a nine-light, Craftsman-style door matching the windows. The engaged front porch is supported by tapered posts on painted brick piers with replacement railing. The porch is accessed by a concrete stair with brick knee walls. The earliest known occupant is Benjamin McAllister (elevator operator, Geer Building) in 1935.
Add new commentLog in or register to post comments.