(Below in italics is from the 2009 National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This one-story, hip-roofed house is three-bays wide and triple pile with a full-width engaged front porch supported by tapered wood posts on brick piers. The right side of the porch has been enclosed with screening and a shallow room has been constructed on the left side of the porch, just behind the porch supports. The house has a hipped front dormer with a pair of louvered vents, replacing a pair of four-light windows. It has been covered with vinyl siding and has replacement vinyl windows, but retains its overall form. A different house appears on this site on the 1913 Sanborn maps.
The earliest known occupant is Algernon Sparrow (conductor, Durham Traction Company) in 1919.
Add new commentLog in or register to post comments.