517 Willard, 1965
(Courtesy Durham County Library)
Looking northeast, 1948
The 500 and 600 blocks of Willard Street extended from Jackson to the 'point' with Warren St., divided by Yancey Street on the west side of the street. (Yancey didn't extend east of Willard.)
These houses were torn down in 1967 by the city using urban renewal funds.
Looking southeast from the NC Mutual building, 02.15.67.
The property is part of the University Ford dealership parking lot.
Looking southeast, 02.10.08
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 3/9/2008 - 11:32pm
517 looks a bit older than the other structures; is that board and batten siding?
And, it appears as if there was a shortage of pruning shears in Durham in the 1960s! :)
Add new commentLog in or register to post comments.