This one-story, clipped-side-gabled bungalow is three bays wide and triple-pile with a full-width, gabled rear ell. It has a brick foundation, original molded wood weatherboards, and nine-over-one wood sash windows, paired on the façade. There are nine-light windows and knee braces in the gable ends. The clipped-gabled front porch is supported by decorative metal posts, though there is evidence of former post-onpier porch supports that have been removed. There is a six-light window and knee braces in the porch gable. The front door is a nine-light French door with a sash configuration matching the windows. According to deeds, the Community Damp Wash Laundry & Corporation controlled the site through the 1920s and the Crystal Laundry is listed at this address in 1930. However, the property changed ownership in 1929 and county tax records date the current structure to 1930. The earliest known occupant is Carter C. Smith Jr. in 1935.
Add new commentLog in or register to post comments.