This one-story, hip-roofed house is three bays wide and double-pile with a hip-roofed front dormer. The house has a brick pier foundation with a concrete-block curtain wall, original wood weatherboards, and two interior brick chimneys. It retains four-over-one, double-hung, Craftsman-style wood sash windows throughout; a small window in the dormer has been removed. The front door is a modern replacement and is sheltered by a replacement shed-roofed porch on decorative metal posts with a concrete slab floor. The earliest known occupant is Mary C. Evans (domestic) in 1925. When Evans died in 1958, the property was sold to the Durham Colored Library.
Add new commentLog in or register to post comments.