(Below in italics is from the 2004 East Durham National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This home is a one and a half story side-gable brick Tudor Cottage with a gabled entrance wing containing a Tudor-arched batten door and a half-timbered gable, a front chinmey, and 2 gabled dormer windows. Windows have 8-over-8 sashes. Beside the entrance is an original brick tenace. Not on 1937 SM. 1945 CD.
City tax data puts the house at being built in 1940. A 2-car front-gabled brick garage was added in 1945. Hill's Durham City Directory lists the owner in 1947 as Charles T. Poe.