The house is four bays wide and double-pile. It has vinyl siding, eight-over-eight wood-sash windows, rectangular louvered vents in the gables, flush eaves, and an interior brick chimney. A replacement door near the center of the façade is sheltered by a front-gabled roof on vinyl-covered brackets. A former inset porch on the right (east) end of the façade has been enclosed with a six-panel door on the façade and grouped vinyl windows on the right elevation. The left (west) elevation of the house features a group of four six-over-six windows near its rear. There is a wide gabled ell at the right rear (northeast) with a small gabled wing at its rear. A stone wall extends across the front of the property and along the right side of the driveway, west of the house. County tax records date the building to 1945 and the earliest known occupants are W. Luther Watson, a laborer at Liggett & Myers Tobacco Company, and his wife, Frances Watson, in 1947. By 1949, their son W. Luther Watson Jr. is listed down the block at 404 Cecil Street.
On January 18, 1941, Jennie Hayes, widow, sold lot to William Luther Watson and his wife, Frances S. Watson. They are listed in the 1945 City Directory.
On January 31, 1992, Bishop Elroy Lewis, executor of the Frances S. Watson estate, sold the house to Margie D. Powell. Ms. Powell is still the owner and occupant of the house.