This one-story, hip-roofed Ranch house is three bays wide and triple-pile with a projecting, front-gabled wing on the left (northwest) end of the façade. The house has a brick veneer, deep eaves, an interior brick chimney, and replacement slider windows throughout. The front-gabled wing has a group of four windows, located high on the elevation, and aluminum siding and a triangular, louvered vent in the gable. A four-light-over-four-panel door to the right (southeast) of the front-gabled wing has a four-light-over-one-panel sidelight and is sheltered by a shed- roofed porch and aluminum awning on decorative metal posts. Windows at the left rear wrap the north corner of the building. A brick wall extends along the driveway northwest of the building. County tax records date the house to 1952 and the earliest known occupant is Benjamin F. Smith, a librarian at North Carolina College (now North Carolina Central University), and his wife Dorothy, a public school teacher, in 1955.
On January 15, 1947, J. F. Williams and his wife, Isadora Gray Williams sold the lot to Elijah Morris and his wife, Armiteen Morris. The Morrises sold the lot to Benjamin F. Smith and his wife, Dorothy Smith, on April 21, 1952.
The 1955 City Directory shows the Smiths as owners and occupants.
On August 17, 1965, Benjamin and Dorothy Smith sold the house to E. J. Palmer and his wife, Lucile L. Palmer. The Palmers remain the owners of this property.