Atwood and Weeks / Atwood and Nash

Atwood and Weeks / Atwood and Nash

Date founded: 
1924
Type: 
Architectural Practice

Architectural/Engineering firm of Thomas C. Atwood - first in partnership with Arthur Nash, which partnership arose in major expansion of the UNC campus, and later with H. Raymond Weeks.

Comments

  • Submitted by Wendy Hillis on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 8:50pm

    Atwood and Nash came to the University in 1922 to act as the Architect of Record for the NYC firm McKim Mead and White who completed the master plan for Polk Place and completed conceptual designs for the Georgian buildings on that quad.

    UNC Buildings by Atwood, Atwood & Nash, Atwood & Weeks:

    Grimes Residence Hall 1922 Atwood and Nash
    Mangum Residence Hall 1922 Atwood and Nash
    Manly Residence Hall 1922 Atwood and Nash
    Ruffin Residence Hall 1922 Atwood and Nash
    Aycock Residence Hall 1924 Atwood and Nash
    Carolina Inn 1924 Arthur Nash
    Graham Residence Hall 1924 Atwood and Nash
    Lewis Residence Hall 1924 Atwood and Nash
    Spencer Residence Hall 1924 Atwood and Nash
    Everett Residence Hall 1928 Atwood and Nash
    Wilson Library 1928 Atwood and Nash
    Bingham Hall 1929 Atwood and Nash
    Graham Memorial 1931 Atwood and Nash
    Alderman Residence Hall 1937 H. Raymond Weeks
    Woollen Gymnasium 1937 Atwood and Weeks
    Stacy Residence Hall 1938 Atwood and Nash
    Alexander Residence Hal 1939 Atwood and Weeks
    Coates Building 223 Eas 1939 H Raymond Weeks
    Kenan Residence Hall 1939 H. Raymond Weeks
    Lenior Hall 1939 Atwood and Weeks
    McIver Residence Hall 1939 H. Raymond Weeks
    Wilson Hall 1940 Atwood and Weeks
    Connor Residence Hall 1948 H. Raymond Weeks
    Joyner Residence Hall 1948 H. Raymond Weeks
    Winston Residence Hall 1948 H. Raymond Weeks
    Carroll Hall 1953 H. Raymond Weeks
    Gardner Hall 1953 H. Raymond Weeks
    Hanes Hall 1953 H. Raymond Weeks

Add new comment