Hope Valley University and Country Club Community Stables, 1927
Early in the development of the Hope Valley Colony, embracing its rural nature, the developers built a small horse stable on or near the right of way for Coventry Road (unopened).
Evidently the stables were among the first things to go when the Depression made belt tightening necessary. Long time Hope Valley residents remember bringing their horses home to be stabled to save money.
Although no photos of the stable are known to survive we do have photos of riders on Dover Road, below.