(Courtesy Durham County Library)
The typical Gulf station of the 1930s, 814 West Main, the northeast corner of West Main and North Gregson, is only partially visible above, obscured by the awning at 900 West Main Street. A blurry, but more complete view is below, from 1948, looking northwest.
814 West Main St., 1948
(Courtesy Duke RBMC, Wyatt Dixon Col.)
As of 2011, one representative example of these beautiful little stations remains in Durham, at 2201 Angier Avenue. This station was torn down by/during the 1970s