This one-story, front-gabled house is three bays wide and triple-pile with a projecting, gabled bay on the east elevation. It has a raised concrete-block foundation and vinyl siding and trim. It retains nine-over-one, double-hung wood sash windows and an original twelve-light French front door. The front-gabled porch is supported by round columns with a replacement wood railing and extends, uncovered, around the east side of the house. It is accessed by a brick stair with knee walls. Preservation Durham moved the house from its original Brant Street location, approximately three blocks southwest of the district on what is now the campus of N.C. Central University, in 2002. The very high raised foundation and wraparound porch are not consistent with the house height and porch treatments of comparable houses in the district.
Shed, c. 1930 – Front-gabled shed has a metal roof, exposed rafters, a batten door, and weatherboard siding. The shed was moved with the house from Brant Street.