407 Carlton Street, 1980
(Below in italics is from the Holloway Street District NR listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This one-story, hip-roofed house has been altered significantly since . It has a replacement cinderblock foundation, vinyl siding, and an asphalt-shingled roof. The house was erected as a three-bay structure with full-width engaged front porch, supported by battered wood posts on stone piers with granite caps and raised mortar lines. One of these column on piers remains, though the column has been covered with vinyl. The porch has been fully enclosed and a second shed-roofed porch has been constructed and enclosed with vinyl double-hung windows and a glass front door. A small wooden deck projects from the front of the second enclosed porch. A narrow roof dormer with a small replacement window has replaced an original hip-roofed dormer on the front elevation and a shed-roofed block has been added to the east end of the house. A shed-roofed garage to the left (west) of the house has been removed and to the right (east) of the house is a sprawling complex of shed-roofed structures that are mostly concealed behind a tall fence. Tax records indicate that the house was constructed in 1922. W. L. Proctor is listed as living in the house from 1924 to 1939.