This one-story, hip-roofed Minimal Traditional house is three bays wide and triple-pile with a gabled projection on the west elevation, flush with the façade, and a gabled rear ell with a shed-roofed screened porch beyond the ell. The house has a brick foundation, vinyl siding, and two interior brick chimneys. It has replacement windows, but retains an original six-light-over-two-panel wood door. The front-gabled porch is supported by decorative metal posts and railings and is accessed by a concrete stair. A stone retaining wall with integrated stone stair extends across the front of the property. County tax records date the building to 1941; the earliest known occupant is McKinley Barton (factory worker) in 1945. According to a neighbor, his wife worked at the laundry at Duke University.