1981 (Old North Durham Architecture Slides, Durham County Library)
(Below in italics is from the 1985 North Durham National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
One story bungalow with weatherboard siding. Side facing gable roof with jerkin headed ends. Small hip roofed dormer in front, small ornate arched gable roofed stoop over front door supported by classically detailed columns. Small engaged porch across half of house.
121 West Lynch was built in 1930 by contractor William E. Horner; Horner has no other listing in the city directory for that year, so he may not have been local. In 1932, Stuart G. Moretz and his wife Lady M. Moretz were the residents. Stuart is listed as a "clerk" in that directory. By 1937, the Moretzs were not in Durham anymore, and William J. Croom and his wife Pearl E. Croom lived at 121 W. Lynch. William was the director of public safety for the Durham Police Department.