The Durham Business School was a professional school serving African-American students during the segregated era. In 1953, it was operated by Mrs. LM Harris at 901 Pine Street (South Roxboro Street.)
The school was first located at 1005 Fayetteville Street before moving to 901 Pine Street 6 months later. In 1953, Mrs. Harris was president of the school and JJ Henderson was vice-president. JW Hill, who served with Mrs. Harris as a full-time instructor, was secretary of the school. The school also had one part-time instructor in 1953, JC Fuller.
The school had five classrooms in 1953, when it was constructing an addition to provide an auditorium and a sixth classroom. 41 full-time students were enrolled that year.