Robert Flowers was one of a handful of faculty who moved with Trinity College from Trinity to Durham, teaching electrical engineering and mathematics. Demonstrating the all-hands-on-deck mentality of a Naval Academy graduate, Flowers wired the new Durham campus for electricity himself. In the first decade of the 20th century, he built a house on campus, designed by CC Hook. He moved out of the house by 1930, And in 1932, it became the home of Alice Baldwin, the first Dean of the Women's College, and later, the subsequent two deans of the Women's College - until 1965. Flowers served as President of Duke from 1941-48, and subsequently became chancellor.
By the 1970s, the house was used by the "Institute for Learning in Retirement."
Unfortunately, it was torn down in 1994 for the construction of Blackwell dormitory.
Site of the Flowers House on Google