From the 1984 National Register listing:
Distinctive one-and-one-half-story Queen Anne style cottage built between 1905 and 1910 by John W. Neal, weight master for the Durham Traction Co. In 1935, Neal's widow sold the house to Mr. and Mrs. W. R. O'Briant, her daughter and son-in-law. The house has a side gable roof with a subsidiary front gable and a front hip roofed dormer. The recessed entrance porch originally ran the full width of the front gable; the north end of the porch has been enclosed. Decorative features include a denticulated frieze and latticed window sashes.