The Hunt Lumber Co. was founded in 1898 by WH Hunt "in East Durham"
Became the Ray Lumber Co. (1937 Sanborn)
Coman Lumber company started when JH Coman, who had been vice-president and general manager of the Cary Lumber Company from 1926-1946, left to start his own firm. With his sons John, Bill, and, Jim he purchased the former Hunt/Ray Lumber Company facilities on Ramseur St.
Per the Durham Centenial Edition, this was the site of the "Towne Taverne" of Prattsburg.
Find this spot on a Google Map.