Looking southwest, May 1938.
(Courtesy Duke Forest Collection)
Located directly across Erwin Road from Southside School, Dillehay's garage was likely built ~1930, and was demolished in 1950, during the construction of the Graduate Men's Dormitory in 1950.
It is currently part of a very large swath of surface parking.
Site of Dillehay's Garage, 05.14.09
Find this spot on a Google Map.