3934 Dover Road, ca. 1930, ca. 1985, Noncontributing Building
Two-and-a-half-story side-gabled Colonial Revival with aluminum siding, replacement windows and
front door, gabled dormer windows, bracketed open-gable roof at centered front entry, and brick
exterior end chimneys. Neighborhood oral history identifies this as the Constable House. Palmer and
Chrysteen Constable moved to Hope Valley between 1930 and 1931 according to city directories.
Palmer N. Constable was the secretary of the Hope Valley Country Club in 1928. In 1940, the
Constables sold this house to Richard and Mary Reid, who remained here though at least the end of the
period of significance. Richard Reid was a supervisor at Liggett and Myers Tobacco Company.
3934 Dover Road, ca. 1990, Noncontributing Building
One-and-a-half-story three-car garage with gabled dormers and aluminum siding.