This one-story, side-gabled duplex is four-bays wide and triple pile with a full-width, gabled rear ell. The house has Colonial Revival details including paired front-gabled porches supported by Doric columns and have beadboard-covered, elliptical vaults. A low, gable is centered on the façade with a rectangular louvered vent. The building retains original wood siding and nine-over-one wood windows, but both front doors are modern replacements. It appears on the 1937 Sanborn maps and the earliest known occupants are M. Burl and Virginia D. Newton and Joseph B. (metalworker, Alexander Motor Company) and Edith Elkins in 1940.