This typical early twentieth-century, one-story, triple-A-roofed house retains its original form. The house is three bays wide and single-pile with a gabled rear ell and a hip-roofed block within the ell. The house has a brick pier foundation with concrete block curtain wall. The German- profile siding, wood soffits, and gable returns have been covered with vinyl. Original two-over- two wood windows have been replaced with smaller six-over-six vinyl windows. The hip-roofed front porch retains its original turned porch posts, sawn brackets, and turned spindle porch span, however, new rails and additional posts have been installed.
The first known residents are Ira S. Wheeler (mill hand), Jefferson Wheeler, Patty Wheeler (widow), and Vellie Wheeler (machine operator) in 1907/08. Residents changed frequently and by 1915 two separate families were listed at the address.