(Below in italics is from the 2009 National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This one-story, triple-A-roofed house has been covered with vinyl siding and has a stuccoed brick pier and curtain foundation and asphalt-shingled roof. The house has a rear gabled ell and a hip- roofed block within the ell. It has a replacement front door and nine-over-nine vinyl windows. The hip-roofed front porch retains its original form, but has replacement posts and added rails. The earliest known residents Benjamin C. Thompson (bricklayer), Cal Thompson (mill hand), Grover C. Thompson (foreman, Durham Hosiery Mill), and Joseph N. Thompson (bricklayer) were listed together in 1907/08. Residents changed frequently and were all working-class people, indicating that the house was likely constructed as a rental property.