504 N. Queen St., 1980
(State Historic Preservation Office)
1999 (Durham County Tax Office)
(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
This front-gabled, Craftsman-style bungalow is three bays wide and triple-pile. The house has a stuccoed brick foundation, German-profile wood siding, and an asphalt-shingled roof. The house has a low side gable on both the left (north) and right (south) sides of the house, each with a rectangular gable vent. The engaged front porch is supported by brick columns on the exterior corners and has brick piers at the entrance, a replacement wood rail, and brick kneewalls flanking the concrete stairs. The columns, piers, and kneewalls all have concrete caps. Windows are boarded or missing save for a nine-over-one Craftsman-style wood window visible on the facade and the front door is a six-panel solid wood door. A small shed-roofed entrance can be found on the left side of the house and brackets remain in the left gable only. The house is relatively unadorned, but a good example of the bungalow form. Tax records give a construction date of 1920, but the earliest known residents are Max S. Rubin in 1934 and Samuel M. Daniel in 1939.