This duplex was built around 1937. The first listing in the Durham City Directory is for 1938. Michael Efthimiou, a waiter at the White Way Lunch, is listed as living on one side, and Franklin Pender, a fireman, lives on the other side. Efthimiou is listed as the owner. The property is not listed on the 1937 Sanborn map, but is included on later editions.
Sanborn map, 1937-1950.
The property has recently been turned into a single family house.