Dr. Merle T. Adkins, associated with Watts Hospital, bought the lot at 2101 West Club in late 1915 and had the house constructed soon thereafter.
The house is a two-story, hipped-roof Colonial Revival Prairie style house with exposed rafter tails, front and side hip dormers, 12-over-1 sash windows, wood shake siding, and interior chimneys. The wraparound porch has a recessed balcony, battered posts and a plain railing. The front French door has a transom and sidelights. A side bay features a diamond pane window.