(Below in italics is from the 2004 East Durham National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
Leon J. Kirkland House. Large pyramidal cottage with 2 interior chimneys, weatherboard, 2 front cross-gables with 12-light windows, and a full porch with classical columns and a plain railing. Leon J. Kirkland, who with brother Lawrence D. Kirkland developed this section of the district on their homeplace land, built this house about 1915. Plat Book 2, 24 (1909) By 1920 his widow Janet lived here. 1920 CD. 1925 CD: G.C. Thomasson occupant. 1937 SM.
C Shed. Ca. 1930. Side-gabled shed with German siding and a carport front addition.