(Below in italics is from the 1985 National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
Around 1910, tobacco warehousemen Maynard Mangum and U.T. Umstead hired contractor Lonnie Glosson to construct this house which they sold to Carl Stallings, an executive in the Leaf Department of the American Tobacco Company. A front gable sheathed in embricated shingles and supported by brackets and exposed rafter ends dominates the main facade of this meticulously preserved triple pile house. Mr. Stallings did not occupy the house very long; in 1916, he sold the structure to M.B. Waller, a retired farmer from Granville County who moved to Durham with his eight children. The house remained in the possession of four of Mr. Waller's children as of 1985.